Well, I guess Josh doesn't like us to get too comfortable. I am currently writing from our "hotel" room (Children's Mercy Hospital in downtown Kansas City.) Yesterday morning was apparently a little too mundane for him, so he decided to be completely lethargic and unresponsive. Which in turn got him a ride in Mom's car to the ER and from there he got to have yet another ride in the ambulance downtown. I think they must have better cartoons or something, because it wasn't until half way down here that he decided to wake up and "join us". So for the mean time, he is hooked up to a dozen machines and hating every minute of it. The room service is awful, the beds are lumpy, the sleeping arrangements horrid, and it is the noisiest place that I have ever stayed in. Aside from that, with their prices, they are the best "5 star hotel" that we can find. We are grateful that he gets good care here. Hopefully, they will have some answers for us this morning. The kids at home are worried, of course. My parents are still here which is a huge blessing. They have just taken over at home.
I am going to have to have a chat with little Ruth when I get home. As Josh and I were leaving yesterday to the "doctor", she decided that she needed to tell him, "Goodbye Josh, I will miss you!" She said it so sad and forelorn that all I could do all day yesterday was hear that in my head. Not my favorite "mantra". There is just something about being in a hospital and feeling completely helpless in the situation that does not bring the happy thoughts to mind, so that did not help me much.
He is doing better today, sitting up in the chair right now pulling on all his cords and watching cartoons. Meaner than Mean. He will be happy when he can get down and walk around outside a 2 foot circle. I will be happier when I can take a shower and breathe some fresh, crisp air.
I continue to be overwhelmed by our blessings and the promptings of the spirit. I am grateful that I acted on them yesterday and didn't wait to see if he was "just really tired". Thank you for all the prayers and love.
6 comments:
Goodness Mel! What can I do?
Here are some loves and some prayers from far away! Keep hanging in there!
Let us know if you need anything! We'll keep keeping him in our prayers.
pretty blog mel, awesome job!!! Can we see you sometime maybe? um, hello we miss our Minsters. Lots to talk to you about too....
Melanie, found you through becky etchell's blog. It's been way too long! you're family looks great! email me @ cakehawk@gmail.com and I'll send and invite to our family blog.
Just checking in with you. I miss you even more now after reading through the blog. I wish we could join you in Kansas for the holidays. Wouldn't that be fun?! :)
RebB- Who are you? I can't figure it out and would love to know. Email me or something, clue me in:)
Post a Comment