Merry Christmas


We had a wonderful Christmas. Full of smiles and joyful screams. There is nothing really like the awe of a little child. We loved watching them wake up with so much excitement that is was impossible to contain. We had my parents here and loved that just as much. With all the fun of the presents and goodies, what could be better. WELL, watching our children throughout the season and hearing them talk about the Savior and His life and sacrifice topped it hands down. I loved hearing the older ones tell the younger ones what CHRISTmas was really about. Sometimes, we have days that seem like our children never listen to anything we say and certainly don't care. Then, when we aren't ready for it, they blow us away with their beautiful testimonies. I am so grateful for my family. For the gospel of Jesus Christ that shows us the way to be together forever. As I look into the eyes of my Josh and realize that it is truly a miracle to have him here, I am so humbled to count that as a blessing. He is a wonderful peacemaker in our home and although he makes life exciting, to say the least, he reminds us what is really important.

4 comments:

Becky said...

There could'nt be a better mother than you mel! Thanks for being my friend.

Lorie said...

It is always great to have a positive reminder about what is the most important!!

Delise said...

Merry CHRISTmas to you! and a Happy New Year as well...I've been thinking about you, hope all is fine and dandy! xo

Heidi said...

Melanie! You amaze me. I love your posts. You have so much faith and such optimism. What a beautiful family you have. I unpacked a box with yearbooks the other day and couldn't help but think of you and that class (?) when you sat behind me. You were so fun to talk to! I miss you!